Access to healthcare services can make all the difference in the world, which is why, at this time, I am choosing to exclusively offer services in a virtual environment – either through HIPPA compliant videoconference or by telephone.
Although the pandemic has urged the shift towards providing health services remotely or in a virtual environment, delivering care in non-pandemic times has a myriad of benefits that speak to its success. Receiving services virtually:
- Is safe and private
- Is convenient – you receive care in the comfort of your own home or even from your office
- Removes the geographic barrier of having to find the right person in your area – there are no borders or commutes with virtual care
- Removes accessibility and/or mobility barriers for clients
- Allows you to seek services even if you are limited by childcare or transportation needs
- Can help address the perceived stigma for clients seeking psychological services for the first time
How to get started
Please reach out to me via phone or email and we can discuss your situation and needs. I offer a free 20-minute initial phone consultation during regular business hours and I offer scheduled appointments 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. A typically scheduled session is 50 minutes in length.
In our initial consult, we can discuss your needs and determine if my services are a good fit for you. If you would like to continue with therapy, I will email consent forms for you to review and sign. Once you have provided consent and returned your signed forms to me, we can begin our work!
After each of our sessions, I collect payment of fees. This may be directly from you via email transfer, credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or direct billing through the Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program for First Nations and Inuit individuals. While many plans cover mental health services from registered psychologists, the level of coverage may vary with each insurer. I encourage you to check with your insurance provider for coverage details before we begin our work together. Depending on your coverage, you may be required to pay for services upfront and then be reimbursed by your insurer.